Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Sweetness and Honest Scrap!"

My first Blog award!

On November 18, 2009, I was graciously given this "Sweet" Blog  Award from Becky at
Just Being Me-Becky!

Actually, Becky's the sweet one.  She's a great teacher-her little students love her.  She she has compassion for all animals, and is a great wife and mom.  I felt kind of shy about the award-really don't even know where they come from.  And to think that someone you've never gotten to meet takes the time to read your stories and enjoy them.  But it's really an honor.  There are so many blogs out there-just wish I could read more of them.  It's hard to do since I work fulltime and try to write too.  You know, I have to read some before I can write, and, in some cases, I have to research the subject.  Honestly, I take my notes and some paper in a folder to work, and write when I can steal a few moments.  And if an idea hits me, I scribble it down real quick to keep from forgetting about it.  Sometimes a person can just say one word like "salad", and I'm off and writing!  Or "hornworms"-well, I actually got pictures of them!  I've only been blogging since late May-why, I still can't tell you.  I guess my brain got tired of storing all of the information that I think is funny and interesting.   

My Second Blog Award!
"AND IT'S RED!"

This award presented to me today, once again, by Becky!  WOW!  Becky received both of these awards herself.  The first award she gave me, flabbergasted me-didn't know what to do but thank her.    Apparently you are to pass them on to other "blogmates"!  And, according to Becky you are to share 5 random things about yourself and then pass this award on to 5 more "blogmates".  Do I know 5 random things about myself?  Let's find out!

1.  I always save the best for last.  And when I met my husband, I got the best-AT LAST!
2.  I do love salads-eat a salad almost everyday.  We ate salad for dinner almost daily when I  was growing up. 
3.  I enjoy being outdoors, even on a cool day.
4.  You'll find me in a t-shirt, gym pants, and barefoot- often.
5.  I love 50's and 60's Rock N' Roll.  Don't care if it gives away my age.  

So, there it is!  I hope you'll bear with me, dear readers, and allow me to get back to you on my choices to pass this award on to 5 others.   AND I hope this post, in fact,  does POST!  I am having some trouble the last few days with this blog.  I should probably leave well enough alone-quit trying to be so "unique"!  Thank you for stopping by, and THANKS BECKY! You inspire me, too!

At 47 degrees in Fort Worth around 7:57pm, I will leave you with this!

"Today you are You, that is truer than true.  There is no one alive who is Youer than You."
~Dr. Suess




4 comments:

  1. I love that quote at the end of your post, Susan, and I agree with you that Becky is such a sweet person. In fact, she is one of my favourite blogging friends. So if she picked you for the Awards, I know that you must be a lovely person too. Congratulations on the latest award by the way. I love No. 1 on your random list - what a sweet thing to say. I'm with you also on the rock'n'roll music and admire all your Elvis pics. And I don't care if it gives away my age either!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet, Susan!! Thank you for your many kind words. I love that you take a notebook to work with you and write when something comes to your mind! That is a GREAT idea!! ~ I like what you said about your hubby! That is so sweet! ~ I should eat more salads. I tend to eat them more in the Summer. I don't know why. They are good! ~ I enjoy being outdoors, too! ~ And your wardrobe sounds like mine!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Thisisme...I've had a lot of fun since I started my blog. It really brings me up, and I enjoy talking with others and seeing the different things they enjoy in life. So many beautiful places to go in others' stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, Becky, I had to laugh at the name of the "Honest Scrap" award. It's so true, and funny! What a cool award! And, yes, t-shirts and jeans, or drawstring pants-ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete

Stop by and say Hello!