There is a two-letter word that perhaps has more meanings than any other two-letter word, and that is UP!
It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but, when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP?
* At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do we speak UP, and why are the officers UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report?
* We call UP our friends.
And, we use it to brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver; we warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house, and some guys fix UP the old car.
At other times the little word has real special meaning.
* People stir UP trouble, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.
* To be dressed is one thing, but to be dressed UP is special.
* A drain must be opened UP because it is stopped UP.
* We open UP a store in the morning, but we close it UP at night.
* We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!
To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look the word UP in the dictionary.
In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4 of the page and can add
UP to about thirty definitions!
* If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways
UP is used.
* It will take UP a lot of your time, but, if you don't give UP,
you may wind UP with a hundred or more.
* When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP.
* When the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP.
** When it rains, it wets the earth and often messes things UP!
** When it doesn't rain for a while, things dry UP!
Okay...OK! One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP!
...for now my time is UP, so it's time to shut UP!
And, now it's UP to you what you do with this little ditty!
Now wasn't that fun! This fine piece of literary work was sent to us girls in my office via email from our boss Paige. Sometimes on Fridays she sends us a fun email and wishes us a great weekend-Paige is the greatest by far! Thanks Paige!
* I want to send a fond hello to my good friend and co-worker Cindy, who suffered a heart attack a few weeks ago. Cindy actually drove herself to the hospital...what stamina! We are all so happy she is doing well, and is back to work!
* And, a big Thank You to our fun friend and co-worker Paulette, who, jumped in there and worked hard to help get us through the following two weeks that Cindy was out of the office.
*** I know I haven't been here in a while...you're right, Shady-I'm having computer problems again. And, I am typing this post from Karo's old e-machine PC! I guess I'd better get off my, well, you know, and take my laptop and desk PC to the doc. They're slow, and with junk flying around all over the screens!
*** And, this summer has been hectic for us! But, I've tried to keep up with my blog reading...I know you're still out there, I'm just running a bit behind. And, looking forward to some cool temps in Fort Worth!
I guess you all know what an oldies music fan I am. I listen to the oldies radio stations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Well, the other day, the DJs on my station mentioned the Beatles Sgt Pepper album. It seems as though right around the time that album was released in June of 1967, the Beatles (all of them) were in attendance at a Jimi Hendrix concert at the Saville Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue in London...lo, and behold, Hendrix breaks out with his rendition of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band on guitar, and actually sings the song! You can find it on YouTube if you wish to listen to it.
Jimi's version was partially played on my radio station, and I liked it!
Paul McCartney was very impressed...he said that was the best Jimi Hendrix song he had heard, lol!
Above, here are The Beatles at this very concert!
...and here they are holding their Sgt Pepper album cover!
This is so cool!
Thank you so much for coming by...it's always great to see you, and, as Cindy says,
"It's Great To Be Seen!"
* Please stop and say hello, drop me a line anytime! Have a wonderful week, my dearest readers...right now we're running at about 72° here in the Lone Star State, (well, Fort Worth anyway!)
And, I love it!
Thanks Yahoo and Google,
Thanks Karo for the use of your old E-Machine (it was great!)
Thanks Shady Del Knight for dedicating the 'Sorry Suzanne"
song to me by 'The Hollies' on your blog!
Thanks to your beautiful country, Thisisme (Diane)...
...for sharing the Beatles with us!
Thank you Jodi Dean and the morning team at KLUV/Dallas, Ft. Worth
And, now, I bid you adieu my gracious readers!
"Pleasant words are a honeycomb:
sweet to the taste, and health to the body".
Be Safe, See You! ♥