Thursday, November 2, 2017

Rock Your Memory



Throwback Trivia!

Didn't expect to see me here on a Thursday, did you?  Well, it could be Friday already in some other parts of the world, but, we'll take that too, won't we?

I hope you all are not too sick from eating all of that Halloween candy!  As usual, I bought too much for too little of a crowd.  Now, I am faced with the "SELF CONTROL" issue!  
Let's see if I can keep it under control, haha!

***
And...my point, you ask?  I'm just passing through today to share a little trivia game that I came across in the "Renew" magazine that I receive periodically.  I thought this to be very interesting and kind of fun.
I invite you all, my dear readers to challenge your memories and match the hit song to the decade during which it topped the charts.
.
The decades are 1950s-2010s

* Collage by Suzanne
Artist photos are courtesy of Yahoo images

The Songs and Artists

1.  The Police  * "Every Breath You Take"           

2.  Elvis Presley * "All Shook UP"                     

3.  Whitney Houston * "I Will Always Love You"   

4.  The Beatles * "I Want To Hold Your Hand"

5.  Adele * "Rolling in the Deep"

6.  Josh Groban * "You Raise Me Up"

7.  Carole King * "It's Too Late"
       
The Decades are as follows:

1950's
1960's
1970's
1980's
1990's
2000's
2010's

There it is friends...see what you can come up with and let me know!  Oh, don't worry, I do have the answers tucked away in a safe place!

I'll be off for now.  Thank you so much for your visit...please give the Trivia quiz a try!  If you have the time, I will be happy to see a "HELLO" from you!  And you can come back anytime!

*  Cool Autumn breezes had us all fooled here in the Lone Star State this past week.  Well...now, we're back to temperatures in the 80's and 90's for this early November, and I'm a bit disappointed!  Just as I had the hooded jackets out, I have to put them back in the closet for a few more days, ugh!  Oh well, at least I got the summer dust off of them, lol!

Have a safe weekend!  See you next time!


* Autumn colors at Branson, Missouri, November 14, 2016 *  photo by Suzanne



* Illustration courtesy of Yahoo images and, re constructed at the KardKorner *

"Remember:  Y'all is singular.  All y'all is plural.
  All y'all's is plural possessive."
~Kinky Friedman






11 comments:

  1. Hi, Suzanne!

    This is an unusual post for you, dear friend. As you know by now, I always enjoy a good brain buster. I promise I didn't cheat and look these up on Wiki. With that in mind, I predict that I got at least a couple of them wrong.

    Here are my best guesses:

    1. 1980's
    2. 1950's
    3. 1990's
    4. 1960's
    5. 2010's
    6. 2000's
    7. 1970's

    How did I do? I hope I didn't flunk! :)

    It is miserably warmer here, too! It's not fun working up a sweat walking to the mailbox and having to run the a/c again. Let's keep our fingers crossed for another cool down and soon.

    Thanks a lot for the entertainment, dear friend Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, howdy Shady! I have to announce that you did ACE the trivia quiz...you're quite a whiz, lol! This was a fun game, right up your alley, and I just couldn't pass up the chance to swing by the KardKornerKrib today! In my early blogging days, I would put a survey on my sidebar from time to time, with pretty good results most of the time. I was trying to encourage folks to come by, and then say hello. But, sometimes blogger just couldn't get the surveys on there, so I eventually ceased and moved on to what?

      I am running the AC in this 92 degree weather, and we are promised another few days of it, in NOVEMBER? I guess we just grin and bear it, don't we!

      Thank you so much for coming by, Shady, and taking part in the TBT Trivia game. It is always fun to jump in there and do something different. Try to stay cool, and have a great weekend, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Hi there Suzanne,
    Wasn't sure how I'd do and I too haven't googled anything (as will surely be evident lol). But you've been kind enough to put this together so here goes:
    1. 1990s
    2. 1950s
    3. 1980s
    4. 1960s
    5. 2000s
    6. 2010s
    7. 1970s
    Sorry to hear your weather is heating up again.
    Over here it's being a bit different than the norm too.
    Oh well, not a lot we can do about it is there.
    Cheerio for now and have a lovely weekend :D) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Well...well...I'll just have to come out with it. You missed 4 out of the 7. You got #s 2, 4, and 7 correct. There are a few of them that I would have missed also. I couldn't remember what decades the Police or Whitney Houston would have topped the charts, just knew I liked their songs!

      You are right about the weather, we just have to grin and bear it! I have to say that is has been more pleasant here during the past week, and I have been spending a little more time outdoors. The bees and mosquitoes have been so bad, they just make you want to stay indoors all of the time.

      Thank you so much for coming by and taking part in my Trivia game, Sue! It was a fun change and a good way to welcome our new month of November. Have a very nice weekend! Sending hugs your way!

      Delete
    2. Heh heh, it was a nice bit of fun thanks Suzanne!

      Sending extra hugs over to you today dear friend ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much, Sue! See you soon! ♥

      Delete
  3. Hello there Suzanne. Those temperatures are still very high, as we are niwvhere in November. Hopefully it will cool down for you soon. Where we live, we don’t get any callers for Halloween ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ. I hope you’re still being good about not eating all the left over candy! I knew the decades of Elvis and The Beatles, if that’s any help!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰. Good post for us today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thisisme. Well, I started off bad with the candy, but now have tapered off, and it is put up out of eyesight. Scootie hasn't even mentioned it himself. He loves carrot cake, and I bought a small one a few days ago. Yes, the decades of Elvis and The Beatles was a no-brainer for me too! I know the rest of the groups, but could get a bit mixed up between the 80's and 90's. It was a fun game, I will have to do it again!

      Thank you so much for coming by and checking out the Trivia game. It's a windy weekend here in Texas, and we will get an extra hour to sleep in tomorrow since our time is rolling back one hour tonight! Have a wonderful Sunday, Thisisme...hugs out across the pond to you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful autumn photo and fun musical memory post ~ It looks like mostly musical to me ~ ^_^

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol. I did a quick musical trivia quiz that I picked up from a publication I receive. Thank you for coming by and leaving your comment. We are really enjoying the autumn colors right now. ♫

      Delete
  5. Hello, the music trivia is fun. I liked all these songs too.
    My Answers
    1. 1980
    2. 1950
    3. 1990
    4. 1960
    5. 2010
    6. 2000
    7. 1970

    I hop it is not too hot there, I love warm weather. It is starting to get cold here, no snow yet. I want to thank you for all your visit and comment on my post. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Stop by and say Hello!