Sunday, December 29, 2013

Two Zero One Four is Knock, Knock, Knocking!

~photo by Karo December 25, 2012 * Fort Worth, TX

Isn't this photo wild?  I promise...that's not our chair sitting out there, and, Karo couldn't help himself when he saw that the snow had draped itself over this structure, and, the neglected tree and shrubs on this property!  He was a little snap-happy that day and went for it! The chair did make for an interesting picture, didn't it?  And there is a bit of color in the upper left corner of the photo...I guess the frost missed a bit of the foliage from the tree.  

***
So, here we are, on the brink of a new year..and, who has the best resolutions?  Not me, of course!  You guys already know that I just make 'em up as I go along.  For every screw-up, I resolve to do my best not to screw-up again (in that particular area)!

But, if you read my garden blog...oops!  I mean, that other blog of Suzanne's over at MyTexasGardens-I did promise to work more with her on helping the needy in 2014!  We did pretty good in 2013 with The Tarrant County Food Bank, Alliance For Children/donating funds and school supplies, and, The Paralyzed Veterans of America since 1999.  And, Karo helps with donations to St. Jude's Children's Hospital, in memory of his late mother.  We're not millionaires, but, we try to give to a few of the causes we're sympathetic about.

And, too, I did promise to help the lady at MyTexasGardens get her original blog background back in order after the holidays.  She wanted a Christmas theme, and had a hard time getting the type to show up under her photos.  We had to keep going back and forth with the colors, sheesh!!!  Let's just leave it alone, okay?  I'm glad I didn't mess with KardKorner blog background.  I've already messed it up during my early blogging years, and I can't move stuff around on my side bar, sooooo!!!

I do hope you all had a great Christmas, and, I know we're all looking forward to a happy and prosperous New Year!  Stop by if you can, and say hello.  Go ahead, give me some of your resolutions, if you dare!  And, I will question you about them when this time rolls around in 2014...December 29th to be exact!

Hugs and Kisses to you all...please be safe, and,
...Have a wonderful New Year's celebration!

"I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the years'."
~Henry Moore


~photo by Suzanne * December 14, 2013
Fort Worth, TX

*** see you all next time! ***




4 comments:

  1. Holy smokes, Suzanne! With the Florida-like weather I've been having it's hard to believe that first picture isn't one you copied and pasted from the Siberian tourism website! (LOL) At first I thought it was a black and white photo but then I noticed the robin egg blue house on the right. We're getting another cool down starting tonight and should get down into the mid 40s one of these upcoming nights. I'll take any relief I can get from this relentless heat!

    We had a great Christmas, thank you. We entertained 25 guests at our house. The highlight was when an 11 month old baby spit up mother's milk all over my grandson's new iPod and then proceeded to toss our TV remote into the toilet! (LOL) Fun fun fun!

    Well, Karo and his harem (the two Suzannes) are really fine people for getting out there in the community, rolling up their sleeves and helping those less fortunate. Heaven knows there are plenty of them. I applaud you - all three of you! :)

    Pssssst - don't tell the other Suzanne, but I like you better! :)

    Dear friend Suzanne, it has been such a joy having you in my world in 2013. Let's keep our wonderful friendship going in the coming year. Happy new year to you and Karo and Scootie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh Shady...how did you handle all that excitement on Christmas day? 25 people, and 'hi-tech' chaos? Wow, I bet you and Mrs. Shady could have used a nap later on that day, lol! Well, we're running at 32° right now, and, it promises to get a bit colder. It's back to work for me until New Year's day. Then, we're off to the races in the new year!

      Yes, that photo was in color, lol! It was looking pretty drab that day, you can see just a hint of color in the background. I just love off the wall photos like that!

      Thank you so much for coming by Shady. It has been fun this year...I have enjoyed your blog and friendship also! I hope to come up with more exciting and informative material in 2014. Things just come to mind, or I see something on the road (well, not road kill anyway!) and, find that I can write about them! Your idea for Scooter books is good. A couple of years ago Karo, suggested that, also, and, I started a little something with 'Scooter's Adventures at Grandma's', or something of that sort. And, I have photos out the kazoo! So, maybe I can put it together.

      Happy New Year, my friend. My wish for you is 35° temps until February 28, 2014. (Well, that might get rid of some of your mosquitoes too). Take care, Thank you for your friendship...see you soon! ♫

      Delete
  2. Hugs and kisses right back at you my sweet friend. May I wish you and Karo a very happy, healthy and safe new year, filled with love and many blessings. Let's hope that 2014 will be good to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Thisisme! I'm with you...hoping that 2014 will bring more joy and laughter! I'm so glad you came by! Happy wonderful New Year to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete

Stop by and say Hello!