Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, Monday...so good to me!

Happy Monday readers!  Today is "show and tell".  My mother was recently featured the "Kansas City Star" newspaper for her herbal antics Hopefully, to your right is the picture that was taken of her during an interview with Rachel C. Murphy.  The article is very lengthy and I couldn't get all of it in, but here are a few comments made by my mother:
"When starting out, it's important to start small and simple.  I grow dill, mint, parsley, fennel, a lot of cilantro, which doesn't keep, because I do a lot of Indian cooking.  If you're feeling more adventurous, branch out to herbs such as French Tarragon, Rose Geranium, Angelica, a sweet herb, or Rosemary.  Even common herbs, such as mint come in several varieties:  chocolate mint, pineapple mint, spearmint & and peppermint."  Mrs. Jones recommends getting to know your nursery for the best advice.  "No matter what you decide to grow, start small and focus on what you'll actually use."

You go Mom!  Great article!  If you have any questions for my mother on herb planting, send them my way and I'll see that she gets them.


****
Well, the poll on the Willie Nelson survey has closed.  Looks like the majority rules that Willie can do whatever he wants!  One vote was that "It's about time".  Thank you to all who voted.

****
Remember to vote on the "Ode to Billie Joe" poll.  Hey!  Let's have some feedback on this-don't be shy!

****
I want to thank my husband Karo and my mother for contributing to my posts.  And my sister Leta for the info on "snake away"-this is the first I've hear of that...pretty cool.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the article and picture of my mother-in-law. She is very knowledgeable about gardening of all kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne -- Have really enjoyed reading your blog. I was so impressed with the article about your Mother. Can't wait to start growing herbs. Keep creating - it's awesome!! Can't wait for a new survey....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, I was really interested in what your mother had to say about herbs. "Grow what you know" is such good advice.... sage advice even ;-)

    Our mothers' experience and wisdom are to be treasured aren't they. Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete

Stop by and say Hello!