Tuesday, July 13, 2010

You're All Invited To A Pool Party!!!


Welcome to the largest swimming pool in the world...just off the coast of Chile!  This pool covers 20 acres,  has a 115-foot deep end and holds 66 million gallons of water.  The water is so crystal clear, you can see the bottom even in the deep end.  The water from the sea that is just on the other side is filtered into this pool.  The seawater is so cold you can't swim in it, but they are able to regulate the temperature in this pool to 26 degrees warmer than the sea water.  How refreshing this would be after today's high of 98 degrees!!!

And now- to the results of my poll from the year 1959.  Honestly, I only had one brave soul-my coworker Cindy, attempt this harmless survey.  Here are the correct answers:

1)  Twilight Zone did premier on TV on October 2, 1959
2)  Dwight Eisenhower was elected U.S. President in 1955
3)  Richie Valens, The Big Bopper and Buddy Holly all perished on 
February 3, 1959 when their small plane crashed in Clear Lake, Iowa.
4)  Gasoline was not .24 cents in 1959.  In 1959, gasoline was 30.5 cents a gallon.
5)  And yes, in 1959, Mattel's Barbie Doll is launched to the public!

Never fear...there will be more surveys!  I'll break you yet, readers!!!

I want to thank my grandson Shawn's mom, Latisa for visiting my blog.  You can view her comments from my "Rain in July" post.  Comments and ideas are welcome.

***

And now, how about a goodbye from my favorite Mark Twain!

 "the human race has one really effective weapon and that is laughter"


The photos of my pool in Chile are courtesy of victory-cruises.com/pool

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stop by and say Hello!