Friday, July 9, 2010

Rain in July-very rare in Texas!

Photo by Suzanne from Kard Korner Headquarters
Fort Worth, Texas ~July 2010

We've had much rain this month so far.  Our rain gauge says 2 inches just this afternoon.  The sidewalk out back was totally underwater.  But look at how green our grass is!  We're pretty pleased about that.  Of course, the zinnias are laying over again.  We cut a few of them earlier while it was just sprinkling and now the temperature is down to 72 degrees!  Almost unheard of in July around here.

***
While you're looking around on my blog, be sure to check out my Jellyfish video.  I've been trying to get some sort of slide show with our personal pictures on here, but still no luck.  I will eventually figure it out tho.  However, the jellyfish are pretty.

~
Yesterday was my mom's Birthday.  She is officially 84 years old and proud of it, I'm sure!  I've placed a couple of pictures of her on her last Birthday on my blog today.  Actually she is standing in front of her red gazing ball.  I guess I should have picked the picture that shows all three of them.
Happy Birthday Mom!

***
Next, my dear readers, is the matter of my 1959 survey.  The poll closes tomorrow at around 6:30 pm I believe.  I've only had one taker.  And that brave one is my friend and co-worker Cindy.  Cindy, if you're reading, thanks so much for taking the plunge!  I will reveal the answers on tomorrow or Sunday.

~
A couple of cool quotes

~
"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain."
~Robert Frost

"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."
~Frederick The Great

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really enjoying that rain. It was real nice out. When I would pick up Shawn from daycare he would just watch the rain come down through the window. He wanted to play in it of course, but he was rubbing his eyes so I put him down for a nap and turned on the "rain and thunder" cd I got from my dad. Shawn then fell asleep. =-) He is such a stinker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you about rain in July. It's make's the grass grow to tall to mow. Thin take the summer heat and add to it ; and I just want to stay inside. So I thank that's what I'm going to do.
    Your Honey
    Karo

    ReplyDelete

Stop by and say Hello!